When grilling on the charcoal kettle grill from OUTDOORCHEF, it is important that you pile the glowing charcoal on one half of the stainless steel charcoal container after it has been fired. This allows you to sear your grilled food over the open part of the EASY SLIDE funnel (Figure 1) and then turn the EASY SLIDE so that the closed part lies over the charcoal and let your grilled food draw in (Figure 2) until it is the desired cooking Level has reached.
With indirect grilling, the glowing coal is always under the closed part of the EASY SLIDE funnel and you thus have a 100% indirect grilling surface.
If you just want to grill directly and have all of your food above the glowing coal, you can simply take the EASY SLIDE funnel out of the grill. It is then important that you distribute the glowing coal over the entire stainless steel carbon container.
OUTDOORCHEF recommends closing the lid while grilling. The air circulation inside the grill reduces the grilling time by up to a third.
How do I cook on the charcoal kettle grill?
1. When cooking on the charcoal kettle grill, distribute the glowing charcoal over the entire stainless steel charcoal container. Please take the EASY SLIDE funnel out of the grill.
2. Then position the desired cooking accessories on the grillage and heat the accessories with the lid closed (between 5 and 15 minutes, depending on the accessories).
3. Then the cooking fun begins and you can start with your menu.
The corresponding ideas for cooking can be found in the respective recipes online or in our grill cookbooks. Let yourself be inspired!
How do I bake on the charcoal kettle grill?
1. When baking, the glowing coal must be brought under the EASY SLIDE funnel in order to achieve perfect air circulation for your baked goods.
2. Then use the appropriate accessories to prepare your baked goods and place them in the middle of the preheated grillage.
Depending on the situation, the accessories should also be preheated accordingly, for example with the pizza stone.
The corresponding baking times and tips and tricks can be found in the respective recipes online or in our grill cookbooks. Let yourself be inspired!